DANIEL AND HENRY CO. AND OUR AFFILIATES TAKE YOUR PRIVACY VERY SERIOUSLY. WE SHARE A COMMITMENT TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY AND THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION – NON-PUBLIC INFORMATION THAT IDENTIFIES YOU.
As providers of insurance products and services that involve compiling personal – and sometimes, sensitive – information, protecting the confidentiality of that information has been, and will continue to be, a top priority of Daniel and Henry and our broker affiliates (“D&H”). We believe that you should know about the information we collect, the measures we take to safeguard it, and the situations in which we might share information with select business partners. This notice explains how D&H handles – and protects – the personal information we collect.
I. We collect only the customer information necessary to consistently deliver responsive products and services.
D&H collects information that helps serve your insurance needs; provides high standards of customer service; develops and offers new products and services for our customers and potential customers; and fulfills legal and regulatory requirements. The sources and types of information collected generally varies depending on the products or services you request and may include:
- Information provided on application and related forms – for example, name, age, address, Social Security number, e-mail address, annual income and health history.
- Responses from you and others such as information relating to your employment, other insurance coverage, habits, avocations, finances, and other personal characteristics.
- Third-party reports, such as consumer credit history, motor vehicle records, demographic and/or medical information, if relevant to your product or service.
- Information about your relationship with us and other insurers such as products and services purchases, transaction history, claims history, and premiums.
- Hospitals, doctors, laboratories, and other companies that provide information about your past and present health condition (“PHI”). PHI will be collected as we deem appropriate to determine eligibility for coverage, to process claims, to prevent fraud, and as authorized by you, or as otherwise permitted by law.
II. We maintain safeguards to ensure information security.
III. We limit how, and with whom, we share customer information.
We do not sell lists of our customers, nor do we disclose customer information to marketing companies outside D&H.
Under no circumstances do we share personal health information for marketing purposes.
Information We May Disclose and To Whom We May Disclose Information. We may disclose all the personal information we obtain, as permitted by law. We may disclose this information in the following types of situations:
- Disclosures To Affiliates – We may share or exchange personal information about you, and the products and services you have purchased from us, among D&H and our affiliates, such as our brokers, all of whom follow our privacy policies.
- Disclosures To Non-Affiliated Third Parties and Service Providers – We may share or exchange personal information about you with companies engaged to perform support services for us, such as:
- Providing underwriting, administrative, claims, customer assistance, or other services;
- Preparing, printing and delivering statements and other documents;
- Protecting against fraud;
- Providing systems support including developing or maintaining software.
- Disclosures To Marketing Firms – We may disclose personal information to companies with which we have marketing arrangements, such as companies that help us market our products and services.
- Disclosure of Health Information – We may disclose all the health information we collect, for example to determine eligibility for coverage to carry our treatment functions, to process claims for payment functions and other health operations, to prevent fraud, and as authorized by you, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- Disclosures Permitted By Law – We also may disclose personal information permitted or required by law or regulation. For example, we may disclose information to comply with an inquiry by a government agency or regulator, in response to a subpoena, or to prevent fraud.
IV. How to Opt-Out of Disclosure of Information
If you prefer that we not disclose the information concerning the insurance products and services we provide you, which we share with nonaffiliated third parties, unless that disclosure is permitted by law, you may direct us not to share it. If this is your choice, please indicate so by checking the box below and completing the requested information, then return the completed form to: The Daniel and Henry Co., Attn: Privacy Officer, 1001 Highlands Plaza Drive West, Suite 500, St. Louis, MO 63110.
V. Right to file a Complaint
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated with respect to your PHI, you may file a complaint with the Department of Health and Human Services. To file a complaint with us, submit your complaint in writing to The Daniel and Henry Co., Attn: Privacy Officer, 1001 Highlands Plaza Drive West, Suite 500, St. Louis, MO 63110.